Located in the Andaman Sea, Phuket is the land of relaxed beaches and karst islands. It is Thailand’s biggest island and is also one of the finest islands on the planet. Phuket has a diverse cultural heritage, pearly white beaches, underwater wonders and mouthwatering delicious food. The island has more than 30 beaches and island hopping is one of the top things to do here. Patong Beach, Karon, Kata and Kamala are some of the most popular beaches on the island. However, for couples in search of quiet moments together, the north of the island is unexplored, and ideal for you!
Best time to visit Phuket.
The best time to visit Thailand is between the months of December and March. The same goes for Phuket. It is warm all year round and is cooler in the months of December to March, which is why they fall under the peak tourist season in Phuket. However, if you want to be alone and enjoy a quieter ambience, you should visit in early November, after the heavy rainfall has passed. If you want to attend a certain festival, you can also plan your trip around that as well
Top 10 places to visit in Phuket
Phuket is without a doubt a part of every wanderlust’s bucket list. It is not considered one of the finest places to visit in the world in vain. Here are the top 10 places you have to visit to while you are in Phuket, otherwise your trip will be unsuccessful.
1. Phang Nga Bay
2. Phi Phi Island
3. Phuket Big Buddha
4. Similan Islands
5. The 30 beaches in Phuket
6. Wat Chalong and Phuket Temples
7. ‘Three Beaches’ hilltop
8. Old Phuket Town
9. Bangla road
10. Elephant Sanctuaries
Best time to visit Thailand is between the months of October and March.
Top 10 things to do while you are in Phuket
You just read about the best places that you should visit while you are in Phuket. But there is a big difference between seeing places and doing things. Apart from all the above tourist destinations, here are our picks for the top 10 activities everyone should do while they are in Phuket.
1. Take a Thai Cooking Class
2. Visit the Soi Dog Foundation
3. See The Ladyboys at a Cabaret Show
4. Watch the Phuket FantaSea Show
5. Check out one of its kind Phuket Trickeye Museum
6. Check out the View from Khao Rang Viewpoint
7. Visit Jui Tui Shrine
8. Walk around the old Phuket town
9. Dine at Mom Tri’s Kitchen
10. Go Wild at night In Patong
Top 10 places to experience the nightlife in Phuket
Just like shopping, Phuket is also known for its wild nightlife. Be it nightclubs, sunset bars, live music bars, gay clubs, cabaret shows and even Thai boxing, there is no limit to the things you can see and do in a single night in Phuket. Here is a list of our top spots in Phuket to experience the best nightlife of Phuket.
1. Illuzion Show & Discotheque
2. White Room Nightclub
3. Seduction Nightclub
4. Hollywood Phuket
5. New Tiger Disco
6. Soi Bangla
7. Small Viewpoint
8. Baan Chom
9. After Beach
10. Live music bars Rockin’ Angels and Timber Hut
Top 5 off the beat places in Phuket you must see:
Add more substance to your holiday by going to the hidden gems in Phuket and exploring the unexplored. Add these 5 off the beat places in your bucket list and make sure you tick them all off while you are in Phuket.
1. Promthep Cape (Sunset spot)
2. Boat Avenue
3. Ao Sane Beach
4. Old Phuket Town
5. The Shrine of the serene light
Dos and don’ts to keep in mind while travelling to Phuket
Every country has its own culture, rules and regulations. Thailand is no different. Here are some dos and don’ts that will help you navigate your trip without offending anyone!
1. Do not wear short clothes while visiting temples
2. Do not say anything disrespectful towards the royal family
3. Remove your shoes outside temples and wherever mentioned
4. Do not buy Buddha images. You are not allowed to take them outside the country
5. Do not pick shells from the beaches as it is not allowed
6. Never touch a monk
7. Do not ride elephants
8. Taking selfies with protected wildlife is not allowed